This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: real.c on unicosmk
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Roman Lechtchinsky <rl at cs dot tu-berlin dot de>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 17:56:43 -0700
- Subject: Re: real.c on unicosmk
- References: <Pine.SOL.4.10.10205160213060.25904-100000@sossusvlei>
On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 02:37:45AM +0200, Roman Lechtchinsky wrote:
> I'm trying to get the alpha-cray-unicosmk port to work again.
> Unfortunately, I haven't been able to work on it or follow the gcc
> development in the past months. In the meantime, support for turning off
> the floating point simulator via REAL_ARITHMETIC seems to have been
> abandoned. This breaks native builds on that target because it doesn't
> have a 16 bit type which real.c needs and I have no idea how to fix it
> (short of reinstalling support for REAL_ARITHMETIC). Rewriting real.c is
> not really an option for me - I wouldn't even know where to start. Are
> there any other options?
Do you have a 32-bit and a 64-bit type? If so, a patch to make real.c
work on your architecture is feasible -- it's a bit more involved than
I feel like doing right now, but it can be done.