Re: GCSE store motion

Mark Mitchell wrote:

> --On Wednesday, May 15, 2002 11:38:03 AM -0600 "law@redhat.com"
> <law@redhat.com> wrote:

[ Why do we need store motion ]

> > Would games on a very popular game console work?
>
> Sure!  Do we have any numbers at all?  (I know you said it was difficult
> to measure...)

No, but it'll help any and all Fortran programs that have to be compiled
with -fno-automatic because they were developed on systems where local
variables in subroutines kept their values from call to call.

Given the number of times my advice on comp.lang.fortran of compiling
with -fno-automatic actually `stopped the bug', I'd think that's rather
important ...