Re: Regressions in 3.2

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 07:16:40AM -0500, Brad Lucier wrote:
> From my point of view, part of the problem was that there were so many
> problems with the 3.1 sparc-solaris port that it wouldn't even bootstrap 6 weeks
> before the proposed release date (this was not an isolated experience in
> the months and weeks leading up to the release) and it took what appeared to
> an outsider to be an enormous (and impressive) effort to clean up 3.1 to get
> it into reasonable shape for release.
>
> Now, unfortunately, a lot of that effort may have to be repeated on the
> mainline.

For the port-specific things, would it be feasible to just copy the 3.1
file back on top of the mainline files as a starting point?  I've never
worked hard on a port, so it's quite possible I'm talking out of my ass
here, but it seems like the 3.1 sparc code is now in much better shape
than what's on the mainline.

Phil