This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Dumb register allocation (PPC)
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Geoff Keating <geoffk at redhat dot com>
- Cc: dalej at apple dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 15:32:12 -0400
- Subject: Re: Dumb register allocation (PPC)
>>>>> Geoff Keating writes:
Geoff> In both cases, the solution is the same; the author of the patch needs
Geoff> to explain why the patch is correct.
That is an oversimplification. At some level this evidence turns
into proving a negative. If we apply that to everyone, only trivial
patches ever can be approved. Given the number of patches which have
"been explained to be correct" yet caused regressions, we obviously are
not following that principle to the extreme. If you want to volunteer to
go first, be my guest. We cannot apply the rules more strictly for some.