Re: GCSE store motion

In message <Pine.LNX.4.44.0205151258170.24022-100000@dberlin.org>, Daniel Berlin writes:
 > But nobody has any plans to improve it, it's been bitrotting since it was
 > introduced.
No.  It's more a matter of time.

 > When the number of places the optimizations is applicable approaches 0,
 > the optimization should be disabled.
If you happen to have a representative sample of all code sets, then yes.
But reality is you don't have that representative sample.

 > I've not suggested we *remove* store motion until it is superceded.
 > I do think it should be disabled, as it just wastes time.
 >
 > Or, as you say, move it to -fexpensive-optimizations.
Moving it to -fexmensive-optimizations or even having the user
explicitly specify that they want those optimizations would be
fine by me.

jeff