This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Dumb register allocation (PPC)
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Geoff Keating <geoffk at redhat dot com>, dalej at apple dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 14:47:27 -0400
- Subject: Dumb register allocation (PPC)
- References: <200205151500.LAA23614@makai.watson.ibm.com>
>>>>> Geoff Keating writes:
Geoff> Either the change is correct or it is not. If it is correct, it works
Geoff> for all targets. If it is not, it'll probably break something on most
Geoff> targets, and we don't want it.
So we're essentially in the same position as the store-motion
discussion: we believe that enabling the functionality may cause failures,
but we do not have a testcase showing a failure.