This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Dumb register allocation (PPC)
- From: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 15 May 2002 11:36:51 -0700
- Subject: Re: Dumb register allocation (PPC)
- References: <200205151500.LAA23614@makai.watson.ibm.com>
David Edelsohn <email@example.com> writes:
> >>>>> Richard Henderson writes:
> Richard> Eh? My objection is still going to be potential reload
> Richard> failures. Which "fact" is going to ensure that you
> Richard> introduce no failures on any target?
> So maybe this should be enabled on a target-by-target basis
> instead of SMALL_REGISTER_CLASSES?
Either the change is correct or it is not. If it is correct, it works
for all targets. If it is not, it'll probably break something on most
targets, and we don't want it.
- Geoffrey Keating <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>