This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ANSIfy include/linux/a.out.h and include/linux/nls.h
- From: DervishD <raul at pleyades dot net>
- To: hch at infradead dot org, raul at pleyades dot net
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 19:37:38 +0200
- Subject: Re: ANSIfy include/linux/a.out.h and include/linux/nls.h
- Organization: Pleyades
- References: <3CE2878B.mailDIB11BDZT@viadomus.com><20020515171039.A2770@infradead.org>
- Reply-to: DervishD <raul at pleyades dot net>
Hello Christoph :)
>> The GCC compiler insists on ANSIfying the two files mentioned in
>> the subject, and I think that it should be done by the kernel
>> maintainers, not GCC ones.
>Gcc should rather stop running the fix includes script on platforms
>where it is system compiler anyway. Any of the 'fixes' that
>gcc3.1 did to my headers so far was bogus.
Mine too, but I wasn't sure about the linux ones. The fixincludes
touches my 'stdio.h' fixing what the libc boys say it's an intended
behaviour (about va_list).
But try to tell the GNU crew about not fixing system headers...