Current snapshots build nicely on Irix6.5

The weak symbol problem is gone,  and the last two
builds have been solid.

One question, though.  Is the "ac_cv_archive_cmds_needs_lc"
variable settable in some other way than being set by the
architecture conf?   Sometimes I need it, sometimes I don't.
Currently, I need to hack the gcc/Makefile after the configure
and remove the '-lc' from the link line.

(Not important, really,  just wondering.)

FYI, we have another machine, a fairly new Sparc, that in order
to run a certain package, must use Solaris2.6.  What a
shame.  For a link to work on that, I must also edit the Makefile
to remove the link map generation and add  '-ldl' to the lib list.
Again, I didn't see any other way to set those.  No big deal.  I
think this is just an oddball machine.

By the way,  please ignore Mr Troll,  he obviously has
behavioural problems.   You guys are doing a fabulous job,
and it really is appreciated.

Bob Jamison
LinCom Corp