Re: ANSIfy include/linux/a.out.h and include/linux/nls.h

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 06:06:35PM +0200, DervishD wrote:
>     Hello all :))
>
>     The GCC compiler insists on ANSIfying the two files mentioned in
> the subject, and I think that it should be done by the kernel
> maintainers, not GCC ones.

Gcc should rather stop running the fix includes script on platforms
where it is system compiler anyway.  Any of the 'fixes' that
gcc3.1 did to my headers so far was bogus.

>     The little patch for 'nls.h' is to add conditional preprocessor
> constructs around a typedef:
>
>     typedef __u16 wchar_t;
>
>    >#ifndef __cplusplus
>     typedef __u16 wchar_t;
>    >#endif

<linux/nls.h> is not supposed to be included by userspace at all,
and C++ is not supported for Linux kernel modules.

>     The patch for 'a.out.h' is smaller, though:
>
>    |#ifdef linux
>
>    |#ifdef __linux__

It is questionable why this ifdef is there at all..