Re: GCSE store motion

   From: Daniel Berlin <dberlin@dberlin.org>
   Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 01:50:37 -0400 (EDT)

   I had too much fun funking around with hard to track down alias problems
   the last time i spent a month trying to improve and fix the RTL version.
   It's rather easy to fix what's there now, but it doesn't do anything
   (really. It shows 0% difference on benchmarks), except for whatever
   special case it's currently designed to handle.

   So i'm out.

If store-motion is useless and something that really does the
job it is trying to do is "in the pipline", why don't we
just delete the store-motion GCSE stuff?

If we are going to keep the store-motion stuff, we have the problem
that the person who knows how to fix it is not willing to do so.
So we have this regression on the mainline with no resolution.