Re: Ada status on i386-pc-gnu

<<It's rather strange that we Ada folks are happy about Ada *not* having
a preprocessor at all, but the C sources in the GNAT run-time library
use conditional compilation so extensively that it threatens to become
a maintainance issue (maybe that's an exaggeration, but it's only a
slight one).

Well we have not found it a maintenance issue so far. These functions are
fairly small. Perhaps some could be moved to Ada, but generally we have
moved to Ada where we felt that it was reasonable to do so.

Also be careful of the fact that the compiler in stage one is compiled
with the "wrong" runtime. That means that you have to be careful about
moving stuff into Ada, given that the mechanism of having different
versions of source files for different targets cannot work for units
included in the compiler. And if you think you can solve this, think
very carefully, since you can easily introduce more serious bootstrap
path problems.