Re: Ada status on i386-pc-gnu

Jeff Bailey <jbailey@nisa.net> writes:

>> Unfortunately, the structure of the runtime library depends on an
>> upper bound on the file name length.
>
> Oh, yuck.  What's the right thing to do?

Interface The Hurd directly from Ada, bypassing C library code.

(That is, for some values of "right".)

More seriously, I think these changes have to wait until the run-time
library is tidied up (separate directory, no #ifdefs in actual code,
checking which portions have to remain in C and which should be better
moved to Ada).

It's rather strange that we Ada folks are happy about Ada *not* having
a preprocessor at all, but the C sources in the GNAT run-time library
use conditional compilation so extensively that it threatens to become
a maintainance issue (maybe that's an exaggeration, but it's only a
slight one).