Re: Minimal GCC/Linux shared lib + EH bug example

Martin v. Loewis wrote:
> You might be surprised how many users have that expectation. As you
> know, Ralf originally was linking a static libboost, and it never
> occurred to him that something might be wrong in the build process.

This is not quite accurate: I really had not concept of what is going
on under the hood. Attempts to find documentation about dynamic loading
did not produce any material that I, as the average user, could easily
absorb (did I miss something?). So I just stuck to what seemed to
work until it started breaking many months later.

Once you guys have figured out what "the right" approach is, PLEASE
document it clearly and in a way that can be understood by a wider
audience.

Ralf