Re: Minimal GCC/Linux shared lib + EH bug example

"David Abrahams" <david.abrahams@rcn.com> writes:

> Yes, thanks, I understand the reasons. However, there's a small difference
> if I understand things correctly: in these C++ cases, typically /all/ of
> the definitions are weak, right?

Right. There is the additional feature of "weak undefined references"
also, which the linker resolves to 0 if no definition is found at
run-time.  This is used to wrap thread libraries etc, so that the
application will link fine if no thread library is used; if the thread
library is linked, it will also be used to link the weak undefined