This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 3.2 PATCH: Ada parallel bootstrap fixes
- From: mike stump <mrs at windriver dot com>
- To: bosch at gnat dot com, pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, ro at TechFak dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE
- Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 10:35:46 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: 3.2 PATCH: Ada parallel bootstrap fixes
- References: <61EABD18-6754-11D6-9CE7-00039344BF4A@gnat.com>
> Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 12:05:17 -0400
> Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, Rainer Orth <ro@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
> To: Gerald Pfeifer <email@example.com>
> From: Geert Bosch <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Gerald, I must say that your message is generalizing and unhelpful.
> You raise exactly one concrete problem that has occurred once.
> Could you please try to be more constructive and point out specific
> issues, preferably with suggestions on how to avoid them in the future.
Sure, run an automated bidirectional merge every 15 minutes*. You'll
discover that the incident rate will drop to nearly zero, and those
problems that do arise, will be minimal and obvious.
If you cannot tolerate the incoming speed, run an in merge every week,
and an out merge every 15 minutes. You'll still get most of the
* - Or, any interval shorter than the current one, in my experience,
once a week was mostly often enough for the C++ fontend.