This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Final GCC 3.1 Prerelease
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <Ulrich dot Weigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: mark at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 16:52:53 +0200
- Subject: Re: Final GCC 3.1 Prerelease
Mark Mitchell wrote:
>The goal of this prerelease is to find packaging problems; please
>download, build, and install the tarballs and complain if you spot
I've successfully completed the following tests on both
s390-ibm-linux and s390x-ibm-linux:
- bootstrap gcc (configure --enable-shared --enable-threads)
[No Java and no Ada for now on our platform...]
- install gcc
- run gcc test suite (see gcc-testresults)
- build glibc 2.2.5 with new gcc
- run glibc test suite [*]
So far everything is looking good ...
In addition, we've sucessfully built a complete Linux distribution on a
2002-05-03 level, again both s390-ibm-linux and s390x-ibm-linux.
We'll try to re-do this on the latest level, but due to the effort
required this will probably not be completed before the release.
[*] With binutils 184.108.40.206.12.3 this shows two regressions due to
dso_handle not being hidden (as I reported already). With binutils
220.127.116.11.4 it works as expected.
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best Regards
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
Linux for S/390 Design & Development
IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH, Schoenaicher Str. 220, 71032 Boeblingen
Phone: +49-7031/16-3727 --- Email: Ulrich.Weigand@de.ibm.com