This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Library problems with 3.1 prerelease on mips-sgi-irix6.5
- From: Rainer Orth <ro at TechFak dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE>
- To: Reichelt <reichelt at igpm dot rwth-aachen dot de>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 14 May 2002 14:33:57 +0200
- Subject: Re: Library problems with 3.1 prerelease on mips-sgi-irix6.5
- References: <200205141025.MAA14814@numa6.igpm.rwth-aachen.de>
Reichelt <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I've got a question regarding libgcc_s in recent 3.1 snapshots.
> libgcc_s.so[.1] used to be in the directory lib, but moved to lib64
> in recent snapshots. To link C++ code (I didn't try C code) I
> now have to add -L..../lib64 (even with n32-mabi!!!).
> Just moving both libraries back to lib makes everything work again as
> Is this the intended behaviour?
> Am I doing something wrong?
> Or is this just a bug?
This was a bug introduced very late in the 3.1 development. It will be
corrected in the release. Please try this patch for the time being:
It moves the N64 libgcc_s.so to the mabi=64 subdirectory of $libdir, but
retains the N32 one in $libdir. This way, libgcc_s and the other shared
libraries are treated the same.