This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Regressions in 3.2
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Brad Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>, Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 11:52:30 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: Regressions in 3.2
On Mon, 13 May 2002, Brad Lucier wrote:
> So I'd just like to point out that there are 500+ regressions on
> sparc-sun-solaris2.8 from the 3.1 prerelease:
And several other nasty regression on mainline. For example c++/6611
is a really bad one (for me at least).
Mark, how shall we deal with such regressions? Mark them high in GNATS
or wait until GCC 3.2 has branched?
(I think we really should try to get regressions fixed rather sooner
than later; stage 1 is not ment to be "Let's hack away now and fix on
the release branch".)
Gerald "Jerry" firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/