This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Problem with GP on IA64
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 16:58:14 -0700
- Subject: Re: Problem with GP on IA64
- References: <10205111436.AA18836@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Sat, May 11, 2002 at 10:36:50AM -0400, Richard Kenner wrote:
> Later, it gets a REG_EQUIV note for the MEM and is scheduled before 2697
> since there is no reason to do otherwise.
Boom. Yes there is:
> How is this supposed to work?
deps->in_post_call_group_p is supposed to keep all post-call
hard-register manipulation adjacent to the call insn by making
the whole clump SCHED_GROUP_P.
In this way we do not lengthen the lifetime of the return register
on small-register-class machines, and we restore the gp on ia64
and pa before any potential post-reload reference.