pr 6627

On Sun, May 12, 2002 at 10:36:36AM +0200, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> Well, I don't feel to be expert, but it looks like effect of the
> FUNCTION_BOUNDARY change from 8 to 16.  According to comments in defaults.h
> this is required by C++ ABI as it does use the last bit of pointer for
> different purposes, so now GCC limits the alignment to 2, not 1.

Correct.  This means we _cannot_ lower the alignment for
functions that implement C++ virtual methods.  And there
is no way to distinguish these from plain C functions at
the level requested.

So for now, you're stuck.

Any patch to fix this is probably going to be invasive,
therefore I will not raise the priority for 3.1.1.

r~