Re: 64-bit integers - long long (only on x86?)

Jan Hubicka wrote:

 > There is new register allocator in progress, that has potential to solve
 > the problem (it does not at present AFAIK).  It is dificult to tell,
whether
 > 3.2 will solve it or not at the moment...

Is there any workaround of this?
Will using any of the new -mmx/sse/3dnow help?

For calculation intensive code that has to use 64-bit integers, this is
a real killer. It makes gcc unusable. Making a custom 64-bit integer
class, with two 32-bit integers, probably won't help performance.

Any good ideas? I could use the Intel compiler for now, but I'd really
like to use gcc, and this problem doesn't sound it will be solved any
time soon.

/David