This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: .hidden and dso_handle on 3.1 prerelease
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Ulrich Weigand <Ulrich dot Weigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, mark at codesourcery dot com
- Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 10:39:07 -0700
- Subject: Re: .hidden and dso_handle on 3.1 prerelease
- References: <OF638FA82A.5CD1D329-ONC1256BB8.005D12B3@de.ibm.com>
On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 07:11:17PM +0200, Ulrich Weigand wrote:
> What is the reason for not using .hidden on this binutils version?
Linker bugs in at least x86 and sparc.
> If there is really a binutils bug, should we then not rather refuse
> to build the compiler at all instead of building without .hidden,
> when this breaks glibc?
No, since there was no released version of binutils with the fix.