Re: Minimal GCC/Linux shared lib + EH bug example

Jason Merrill <jason@redhat.com> writes:

> I find this testcase somewhat persuasive, as the offending dlopen call is
> not in the C++ code.  What do others think?

What I find troubling is that gcc emits the typeinfo for worker_error
into all three object files, even though the class has a non-inline
non-abstract virtual function. It correctly manages to emit the vtable
only once; it should manage to emit the typeinfo (and typeinfo name)
only once, also.

I believe if the single copy of the typeinfo was emitted together with
the vtable, this example would "work".

Regards,
Martin