Re: Should -dD output assertions as well as macros?

Zack Weinberg wrote:-

> A -dA switch might be a good idea, but I bet there's scripts out there
> that will be surprised if assertions start appearing in the -dD
> output.

Yeh, let's leave it.

> Line numbers aren't meaningful in "<built-in>" -- why not just avoid
> printing the blank lines?

Each one gets a line number (since it's a monotonic count), and the
generic code in cppmain.c needs it to know whether to dump a line
marker when dumping the macros.

The line numbers do appear in diagnostics, so it could be useful to
figure out which command line or built-in was causing the diagnostic,
rather than just knowing it was a built-in or command line option.
I quite like it as it is (with today's tweak).  Let's just let the
blank lines be.

Neil.