This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada configuration options?
- From: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- To: simon at pushface dot org (Simon Wright)
- Cc: aoliva at redhat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 12:54:16 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Ada configuration options?
> Turns out you build the shared GNAT libraries by
> cd gcc
> make gnatlib_and_tools
> (as usual for GNAT) and then
When I tried this, I found that I had to manually remove *.o and *.ali
files in the ada build directory before trying "make gnatlib-shared"
since the files need to be compiled with "-fPIC" for the shared library.
> make gnatlib-shared
> I'm still having trouble actually linking against them,
> though. Another thread for that, I think.
I tried the above under hppa-linux. However, we don't yet have the
configuration support to build a proper runtime library. Also, the
install process installs a link for a shared runtime library but not
shared runtime library.
J. David Anglin firstname.lastname@example.org
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6605)