This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GNAT shared libraries reference 3.15a
- From: Geert Bosch <bosch at gnat dot com>
- To: Simon Wright <simon at pushface dot org>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 11:05:36 -0400
- Subject: Re: GNAT shared libraries reference 3.15a
On Saturday, May 11, 2002, at 05:59 , Simon Wright wrote:
> The GNAT shared library names include the ACT version number, not the
> FSF one:
The reason to keep the GNAT library version number unchanged is that
the interface between the run-time library and user code has not
changed in a way that prohibits linking of objects compiled with
earlier versions of GNAT.
I actually prepared a patch to change the version to 3.15, which is the
number I should use (the 3.15a bump turned out to be unnecessary), but
it was too close to the release to put the patch in.