This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Benchmarks gcc 3.0.4 (soon 3.1) vs. Intel C++ 6.0
- From: Jack Lloyd <lloyd at acm dot jhu dot edu>
- To: <law at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "Gcc at Gnu dot Org" <gcc at gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 16:53:19 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Benchmarks gcc 3.0.4 (soon 3.1) vs. Intel C++ 6.0
- Organization: JHU ACM/CS/SRL
On Thu, 9 May 2002 firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> In message <Pine.LNX.4.33L2.email@example.com
> .edu>, Jack Lloyd writes:
> > On Thu, 9 May 2002, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> > > Note that comparing gcc to Intel C++, Intel C++ seems to win for numeric c
> > ode,
> > > while for integer code, the results are usually much more balanced.
> > I just yesterday got a copy of Intel C++ 6.0 and compiled benchmarks of a
> > bunch of integer heavy code (virtually no fp used). I found GCC 3.0.4 to be
> > significantly faster.
> Can you post the results or a pointer to the results?