This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada configuration options?
- From: Geert Bosch <bosch at gnat dot com>
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Simon Wright <simon at pushface dot org>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 13:23:10 -0400
- Subject: Re: Ada configuration options?
On Friday, May 10, 2002, at 12:25 , Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On May 9, 2002, Simon Wright <email@example.com> wrote:
>> There are no specific configure instructions for GNAT, so I was
>> wondering how --enable-shared and --enable-threads affect the build?
> They don't. The GNAT run-time cannot be built as a shared library,
Actually, it can. The ACT nightly builds create both static and dynamic
libraries by default. There are gnatbind options to select which to
-static Link against a static GNAT run time
-shared Link against a shared GNAT run time
Whether all Makefile and configury pieces are in place to actually
build dynamic libraries with GCC 3.1, I don't know. If not, the changes
should be relatively minor to make things work, but all these Makefiles
give me a headache everytime I try to figure them out.