Re: Anyone got irix5? I have questions about your ctype implementation

 > From: Rainer Orth <ro@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
 >
 > Kaveh R. Ghazi writes:
 >
 > > Testresults (with f77!) from irix6.2:
 > > http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2002-05/msg00322.html
 >
 > Mine look considerably worse at the moment:
 >
 > 	http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2002-05/msg00358.html
 >
 > This is due to two main problems: I bootstrapped without your
 > irix5.2/bits/os_defines.h patch, which accounts for the g++ and
 > libstdc++-v3 testsuite failures.

Yes, bit to clean up the libstdc++-v3 resuls as much as mine you also
need a few more patches.  I've already installed these on the trunk
and I hope to get these into 3.1.1.  If you want to try them out, here
they are:

I use this one too.  Though its not tied to any testsuite failure I'm
aware of, it's still good preventative medicine:

 >   I'll probably submit a equivalent patch
 > defining CPP_PREDEFINES to fix this for 3.1.1.

Ok, I was going to do this, but if you want to take over that's fine.
The holdup on my end was that I was trying to figure out a way to enable
it for only pre-6.5 irix6.  No need to apply the hack on irix6.5 since
that appears to work fine.

 > The libjava failures are spurious: most failures seem to be due to

I haven't gotten to java on irix6.2, and I'm not sure I plan to... :-)

		--Kaveh
--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			Director of Systems Architecture
ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu		Qwest Global Services