This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: question regarding regrename and failure of 950704-1.c on main
- From: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- To: law at redhat dot com
- Cc: rth at redhat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 11:37:53 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: question regarding regrename and failure of 950704-1.c on main
> It's got to be merely exposing a latent problem. Dig deeper. Again,
> why do we have reg:di 22 and reg:di 23. That's simply wrong.
The problem comes in the register rename pass. The selection of di 22
in the reload pass is ok since di 23 is dead. Di 23 is copied initially
to di 2. However, the rename pass eliminates the copy and substitutes
di 23 into the insn setting di 22.
J. David Anglin email@example.com
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6605)