GCC 3.1

Unfortunately, several of my messages seem to have gotten blocked
by the spam filter; I guess we think Earthlink users are spammers...

Anyhow, here are several important items:

1. I have backed out Joel's patch.

2. The NetBSD patches are not going in; sorry.

3. The Ada library changes are not going in; sorry.

4. I've spun a hopefully final prerelease; it will be in the snapshots
   directory by morning.  Please try it out.

5. I am travelling, and totally unavailable tomorrow.  Assuming no
   disasters, I will spin the release over the weekend.

Thanks to everyone for the hard work today; we are almost there!