This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: question regarding regrename and failure of 950704-1.c on main branch
- From: law at redhat dot com
- To: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- Cc: rth at redhat dot com (Richard Henderson), gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 16:47:23 -0600
- Subject: Re: question regarding regrename and failure of 950704-1.c on main branch
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
In message <200205092111.g49LBHFv001723@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca>, "John David Anglin
> > How you've gotten away with it until now, I have no idea.
> Presumably, DI mode registers were allocated in a manner that didn't
> cause partial overlaps. I think the pattern will work if the destination
> register is the same as one of the input registers.
Correct. Or at least that's how it's supposed to work.