Re: gcc3.1 regression?

On Thu, 9 May 2002, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
>On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 11:05:16PM -1000, Jimen Ching wrote:
>> The code below seems to be incorrectly compiled by gcc3.1 cvs that I
>> bootstraped on Debian2.2 (Linux kernel 2.2.17).
>Can you please file a GNATS PR about this?

Ok, it is PR/6613.  I used my original sample source code, since I have no
idea what your test case does.  Hope that is ok.  I wanted to add a link
to this thread, but I didn't know how to do that.

>The problem is (again) RTX_UNCHANGING_P, looking forward to its final
>death in 3.2

Does this mean that the 3.1 release will not have a fix?

Debian/GNU-Linux 2.2 still uses 2.95.2, and it works with that version.
So I would assume this is a regression.  Though removing the copy
constructor or using an integer member data is a work-around, neither are
acceptable in the application I am developing.  I can remove the -O2, but
the application is already slow.  It would be really disappointing if 3.1
can not correctly build my app with optimization enabled.

--jc
--
Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching@flex.com     wh6brr@uhm.ampr.org