This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Benchmarks gcc 3.0.4 (soon 3.1) vs. Intel C++ 6.0
- From: law at redhat dot com
- To: Jack Lloyd <lloyd at acm dot jhu dot edu>
- Cc: "Gcc at Gnu dot Org" <gcc at gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 11:56:41 -0600
- Subject: Re: Benchmarks gcc 3.0.4 (soon 3.1) vs. Intel C++ 6.0
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
In message <Pine.LNX.4.33L2.firstname.lastname@example.org
.edu>, Jack Lloyd writes:
> On Thu, 9 May 2002, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> > Note that comparing gcc to Intel C++, Intel C++ seems to win for numeric c
> > while for integer code, the results are usually much more balanced.
> I just yesterday got a copy of Intel C++ 6.0 and compiled benchmarks of a
> bunch of integer heavy code (virtually no fp used). I found GCC 3.0.4 to be
> significantly faster.
Can you post the results or a pointer to the results?