This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Benchmarks gcc 3.0.4 (soon 3.1) vs. Intel C++ 6.0
- From: law at redhat dot com
- To: kelley dot r dot cook at gm dot com
- Cc: "Scott Robert Ladd" <scott at coyotegulch dot com>, gcc at gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 11:46:27 -0600
- Subject: Re: Benchmarks gcc 3.0.4 (soon 3.1) vs. Intel C++ 6.0
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
In message <OF6E1D2590.BC939BCE-ON85256BB4.005A2414@mail.gm.com>,
> -malign-double used to matter in the old egcs, but it breaks ABI and isn't
> really all that useful anymore anyway. Jeff Law once called it evil:
Correct. Extremely evil as it changes the underlying ABI by changing
the layout & size of structures.