Re: Potential gcc-3.1 install problem

> > anything, so I figured I must be doing something wrong, and I have to
> > debug this myself.
>
> How true.  What would you have the Makefile do differently?  BTW, the
> rules that force recompilation when you touch the generated Makefile
> are themselves within the Makefile...

I cannot tell what I would do differently without carefully studying
the gcc build process, and unfortunately I do not have time for that
at the moment.

> I think what you are failing to recognize is that running quickstrap
> is the only (one-step) documented way to update a completely bootstrap
> tree after making the sort of change you made.  Some developers know

Sure, but my problem is that I run bootstrap-lean, so quickstrap does
not work, also quickstrap is not even a target from the top level,
only from the gcc subdirectory.  So in this case, I assume you
recommend starting from scratch and editing the Makefile after
configure?

Zoli