This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Benchmarks gcc 3.0.4 (soon 3.1) vs. Intel C++ 6.0
- From: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- To: Scott Robert Ladd <scott at coyotegulch dot com>
- Cc: "Gcc at Gnu dot Org" <gcc at gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 15:03:43 +0200
- Subject: Re: Benchmarks gcc 3.0.4 (soon 3.1) vs. Intel C++ 6.0
- References: <FKEAJLBKJCGBDJJIPJLJIEOGCFAA.email@example.com>
> Hello, all,
> I've posted a set of benchmarks comparing the performance of code generated
> by gcc 3.0.4 against that generated by Intel C++ 6.0 for Linux:
Would you please try how does
-funroll-loops/-funroll-all-loops/-fomit-frame-pointer/-ffast-math change the
picture? Also you may grab the 3.1.0 prerelease available already and use
it for benchmarking.
> Please read the entire article before drawing any conclusions.
> Scott Robert Ladd
> Coyote Gulch Productions, http://www.coyotegulch.com
> No ads -- just very free (and somewhat unusual) code.