This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Potential gcc-3.1 install problem
- From: Loren James Rittle <rittle at latour dot rsch dot comm dot mot dot com>
- To: hzoli at hzoli dot 2y dot net
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 23:32:37 -0500 (CDT)
- Subject: Re: Potential gcc-3.1 install problem
- Organization: Networks and Infrastructure Lab (IL02/2240), Motorola Labs
> [...] I edited the Makefile and run
> make install again. That's where all the trouble starts. [...]
Thank you for the detailed report. We do not recommend non-developers
(of gcc) rerunning make within a bootstrap tree (fully made or partial).
Under some limited circumstances, one may run:
`make -C gcc quickstrap; make' to update a fully bootstrapped tree.
Then, `make install' would not attempt to rebuild anything upon installation.