This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFH] Getting rid of WCHAR_TYPE_SIZE
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya dot demon dot co dot uk>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>,Robert Dewar <dewar at gnat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 13:27:55 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFH] Getting rid of WCHAR_TYPE_SIZE
- References: <20020508201330.GA449@daikokuya.demon.co.uk>
On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 09:13:30PM +0100, Neil Booth wrote:
> Successfully removing WCHAR_UNSIGNED tempted me to look at
> getting rid of WCHAR_TYPE_SIZE like Mark suggested.
> It turns out there is only one user in the whole compiler,
> and it's in Ada (huh?). In targtyps.c, we have:
> get_target_wchar_t_size ()
> /* We never want wide chacters less than "short" in Ada. */
> return MAX (SHORT_TYPE_SIZE, WCHAR_TYPE_SIZE);
> It seems a shame to have to maintain over 200 lines of #define
> and #undef gunk just for this. Can someone suggest a replacement?
MODE_BITSIZE (TYPE_MODE (wchar_type_node)) ? Only works if targtyps.c
is linked into the compiler proper, not one of the myriad Ada helper