This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Long bootstrap/check times on sparc
- From: Brad Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: lucier at math dot purdue dot edu
- Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 11:46:10 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Long bootstrap/check times on sparc
Recently, there have been several moans of complaint about how slowly
solaris bootstraps gcc and runs make check. My experience is that
the biggest time sink is multilibing libjava, since, for some reason,
parallel build is disabled in the libraries; see Michael Matz's post
Solaris is not so bad when you can build the libraries with make -j 4, say,
and overlap some of their outrageous file access and system times.
Perhaps someone can figure out how to fix this problem with gnu make.