This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PR 6212
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 15:04:01 -0700
- Subject: Re: PR 6212
- References: <10205072159.AA29887@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 05:59:34PM -0400, Richard Kenner wrote:
> If so, why do we have DECL_SIZE, DECL_MODE, etc.
A historic mistake.
> I'd like to move more toward a situation where we are allowed
> to have these different from that of the type even more than we do now.
Why? I can think of no valid use for this. It's just confusing.