This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PR 6212
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 15:02:17 -0700
- Subject: Re: PR 6212
- References: <10205072155.AA29852@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 05:55:54PM -0400, Richard Kenner wrote:
> Packed fields aren't necessarily even on a byte boundary.
That doesn't negate my argument that putting this information
on the decl is wrong.
And they are on byte boundaries in C, which is where a pointer
to unaligned something would be useful on occasion.