Re: PR 6212

    Grr.  I think this is a serious mistake.  The type should
    hold all of this information so that it would be possible
    in principal to have a pointer to a packed int.

Also, in general, I don't think that we should make a separate type for
a decl that has different layout.  If so, why do we have DECL_SIZE,
DECL_MODE, etc.   I'd like to move more toward a situation where we are allowed
to have these different from that of the type even more than we do now.