This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PR 6212
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 14:55:12 -0700
- Subject: Re: PR 6212
- References: <10205072140.AA29694@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 05:40:40PM -0400, Richard Kenner wrote:
> No, you are thinking of DECL_PACKED and DECL_ALIGN. TYPE_PACKED applies
> to a record type and says the record type is packed. The types of packed
> and unpacked fields are the same and should be.
Grr. I think this is a serious mistake. The type should
hold all of this information so that it would be possible
in principal to have a pointer to a packed int.
It also means my alignment patch yesterday is probably
wrong for packed fields at the moment.