Re: PR 6212

    > Consider x[j].y.  OFFSET is J*C and BITPOS is that for Y.  TYPE here
    > is that of field Y, but OFFSET's alignment corresponds to the type
    > of X[J].

    Are you suggesting that the outer object X[J] may have
    smaller alignment than the inner object Y?

I don't see how what I'm saying implies I'm suggesting that, but what's *is*
true is that the alignment of the *type* of X[J} may be smaller than that
of the *type* of Y.  Think of a bitfield or a packed field.