This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PR 6212
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 11:01:37 -0700
- Subject: Re: PR 6212
- References: <10205071724.AA27917@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 01:24:28PM -0400, Richard Kenner wrote:
> No, not at all. But consider that, in general, you have a nesting of
> field and array references. The alignment of the offset is that of
> the type of the array element, but you can't see that type if there is
> a an outer field reference.
Huh? The type of the accessed object is always visible. It's