Re: Anyone got irix5? I have questions about your ctype implementation

On May  6, 2002, "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> Well, I'm still having the problem.  (Before you ask, I'm using gnu
> make-3.78.1.)

> My "spidey sense" is telling me it might be related to the fact that I
> set CC='cc -n32' before bootstrapping as per the instructions in
> install.texi for irix6.  At least, that's the only place I hardcode
> adding in -n32.

Well, libtool adds -n32 to LD itself in libtool.m4:

*-*-irix6*)
  # Find out which ABI we are using.
  echo '[#]line __oline__ "configure"' > conftest.$ac_ext
  if AC_TRY_EVAL(ac_compile); then
    case `/usr/bin/file conftest.$ac_objext` in
    *32-bit*)
      LD="${LD-ld} -32"
      ;;
    *N32*)
      LD="${LD-ld} -n32"
      ;;
    *64-bit*)
      LD="${LD-ld} -64"
      ;;
    esac
  fi

but I don't see why the settings of CC (for host) would affect the
building of libf2c for the target.

> Are there any values out of config.* that would help if you saw?

Please send me any `config.cache's you can find inside
mips-sgi-irix6.2/

> Anything else I can check?

If you could try a build with CC=cc, it might help make sure whether
your suspicion is correct.

Perhaps building with only c and f77 could also offer some insights
(it *might* be cache pollution from other target libraries).