This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: i386 and asm jumping
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- Cc: jh at suse dot cz, jrydberg at rtmk dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 15:40:46 +0200
- Subject: Re: i386 and asm jumping
- References: <20020507124802.D25E0F28F3@nile.gnat.com>
firstname.lastname@example.org (Robert Dewar) writes:
|> > It is not possible. ASM statements may not jump.
|> > You may want to use computed goto GCC extension istead.
|> Seems a pity, this is quite a serious restriction in capability
|> compared with Asm inserts in other compilers.
What's wrong with computed goto in this situation?
P.S.: the right contstraint would probably be "m" and %a0 for substituting
Andreas Schwab, SuSE Labs, email@example.com
SuSE GmbH, Deutschherrnstr. 15-19, D-90429 Nürnberg
Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756 01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."