Re: Ada does not build (line too long)

> Among other things, it's a disaster when people import the FSF
> sources into their own repositories.  In the worst cases, CVS
> will actually report conflicts needing manual resolution, perhaps
> on hundreds of files.  Doesn't take too many incidents like that
> to stimulate dark and evil thoughts about the people using
> $Revision$... :-)

As I noted, the revision lines are essential for reasonable source
control in our configuration managed system, where it is essential
that we can identify any version of any source by looking at it.

But in the GCC environment, which is by nature less controlled, and
which works more by differential patches, with many variations running
around, I agree that the revision lines should be deep sixed!